This was taken on Mother's Day and shows Sareny modeling the baby sling I made for her. Also featured is my pregnant tummy.
So now I'm supposed to list 6 quirky things about myself, and I don't know if I can come up with that many...I seem pretty ordinary to myself.
1. I am picky about which M&M colors I will eat. My favorites are the brown ones, and blue are also pretty good. Third choice would be yellow. I will eat the green ones, but if all that is left are the red and orange ones, I will leave them in the bowl. I've tried a couple of blind taste tests and so far passed. I only recently realized that most people just reach randomly in and eat whichever one they pull out.
2. Ever since Sareny was born, I have sewn my kids' Halloween costumes. This year, realizing I was short on time, I bought Sareny a costume. However, something in me just won't let her wear that cheap rag, so I am sewing her a costume anyway. Keep in mind this is neither cheaper nor easier.
3. This is kind of yucky and embarrassing, but I sleep with (as Keith puts it) "a nasty old teddy bear." I have had this ragged thing since high school, and it is just more comfortable to sleep with it. I'm not particularly attached to it, but I do sleep with it every single night. I will get out of bed to find it if I have to. I have hinted that I would accept a nice squishy pillow as a substitute, though.
4. Several years ago, I did Nanowrimo--which means national novel writing month. You're supposed to complete an entire novel in the month of November. I did cheat a little though, since my novel was a Trixie Belden fan fiction. I'm the only one who has read this little gem.
5. I have a strong preference to eat with the salad fork and the small spoon. I have even been known to wash a small spoon or fork by hand if they are all dirty.
6. I have eaten Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds for breakfast every day for many years now. (Except for brief periods during pregnancy.) Somewhere along the line I realized that I liked the last bite of cereal in my bowl the best, and the last bite from the very tail end of the box was the very best. So I have started crushing my cereal into little pieces and I let it sit a couple of minutes after I pour the milk to accomplish this effect with every bite. Yum!
So that's a little about me--I know, pretty normal, right? If you would like to do this post, then I tag you. It was actually pretty fun, although it definitely helps to have your husband or maybe a friend or roommate remind you of the quirky things you do. I will also tag Amy, Amy, Lexi, Vicki, Misty, and Shauntel. Have fun!