Monday, August 25, 2008

new stroller


I got my new stroller this weekend, and I am so excited! It's a Joovy Caboose, so it is basically the size of a single stroller, but it has a bench in the back for an older kid to sit, or a thing they can stand on. If needed, I can actually fit both Sareny and Isaac in the back quite easily. It should be perfect for trips to the mall or zoo!

I have a tandem double stroller, but they are so big and bulky and just not practical for me. Before Finley, I usually ended up pushing it with no children sitting in it, because they both wanted out. It ended up being an ungainly diaper bag/shopping bag holder. In the new stroller the older kids can sit if they get tired, but if they want to walk I won't end up frustrated maneuvering a huge empty stroller.

I did a lot of comparisons between the Joovy stroller and the other Sit and Stand model available that is made by BabyTrend. Although it was a little more expensive, I liked the Joovy quite a bit better because it has a much smaller footprint. When I pushed the BabyTrend model, I felt like I was still pushing a tandem stroller, which was what I was trying to avoid. One problem I experienced was actually finding a Joovy stroller in a store. Babies-R-Us had a floor model that was great to try out, but they only sell them online. BabyTrend is carried at Target. I ended up purchasing my Joovy online at Amazon, which was great since they had free shipping.


Anyway, so far I love, love, love my stroller and would recomend it to anyone in a similar situation with young children. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice. It looks fun for the kids too. I am glad it finally got here. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lexi said...

that stroller looks cool. and of course those kids are so cute. i like isaac's shoes too.

Jolynn said...

Who cares about the stroller, I think those kids are adorable! They can't be the little monsters you were telling me about! But I am glad you have a new stroller to take them for walks. Maybe that will calm them down!

Vicki said...

Hmmmm. Never seen one before. Looks very interesting. I'm glad you like it.

Amy said...

Cool stroller. I'll have to remember those when and if I ever have another baby.

holli jo said...

I'm glad you like it! Sounds like fun. And I like that Sareny is holding the doggy we gave her. :)

Brandi Jo said...

Sounds like you guys have been busy! :-) I got the Baby Trend stroller and I really like it and haven't had any problems! :-) I tried to get both my boys in the back, but it turns into a pushing match! Gotta love boys!

linds said...

i saw a stroller just like this at the zoo the other day and i was AMAZED at how small it was. perhaps someday...

Téa said...

What an excellent find! I especially like the way everyone can ride at once.

Meghan said...

well, contrary to jo, i do care about the stroller. yes, the kids are adorable, but i have a friend trying out sit & stands and i wasn't a wealth if knowledge, but i will be now. of course it won't work for me, i have to use those bulky doubles... i have 3...

Sarah & Eddie said...

We have thAT same stroller...has it's pros and cons of course. I do love the fact that it is much more compact than my old double stroller, however, whenever Kaylee wanted to nap and recline in the front, it made it impossible for Ryan to sit in the back. But for the most part it was worth it!!! Glad you guys like it :)

Summer said...

That's great to know! I've always wanted the sit and stand, but was also afraid it would turn out like the last double stroller...not used much. Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

I think your kids are having fun with new Joovy Caboose stroller. It has amazing features that helps parents to manage their kids while they are out for the shopping and picnics. I would definitely opt for this one in near future; as of now I'm using Mickey sport pushchair for my baby which has got trendy looks and great features.