Sunday, November 15, 2009

A fun day

One day last week, I took Isaac and Finley to Chick Fil-a for lunch and to play around in the play area. They were having so much fun, we ended up staying there for almost 2 hours!
There was a little boy there who asked Isaac if he would be his friend, and Isaac said, "Yes!" They played together and had a lot of fun. I love how kids can be instant best friends--I think it's one of the ways we need to try and be more like them.

When we got home, the kids rode bikes for a while.
Isaac is getting so good at doing the pedals!
I love when they play well together.
Isn't she just the sweetest? Her dimple makes me happy.

I hope when my kids are older they will remember that they had a mom who took time from her busy schedule to do fun things with them. I remember my own mom taking us on picnics to the park, and swimming at the Overton pool. Too often, I'm afraid, I do find myself saying, "Not right now, Mommy's busy." I know there are things that need to get done; I just want them to remember the good times too!

5 comments:

Lexi said...

im sure they will remember all the good times! you are such a fun mom. but that picture of isaac laying on the gross floor. i cant wait to see you guys at thanksgiving!

cassidy said...

Cute pictures! Finney is so cute with those big old dimps. But I agree...Isaac laying on that sick Chick-Fil-A floor...gross. Your kids are totally going to remember all the fun things their momma did with them!

Jolynn said...

Strangely enough, I didn't even realize Isaac was laying on the sick Chick-Fil-A floor until Lex and Cass brought it to my attention. I had to go back and look again, and you know my feelings on THAT, since I don't believe in going barefoot on motel floors, etc. I'm sure those little kiddies will remember what a good Mom they had!

holli jo said...

Cute pics. I wish we lived closer, so Rhys could hang out with you guys and think that his mom is cool (by association). It's so hard to entertain just one kid...

debra g said...

How fun! Your kids will definitely remember all the fun they have. And I will always remember our fun date night Friday. The kids had a blast (even Hallie and Hannah). I'm just glad Finley didn't choke on the mysterious Halloween beads that got into her bed....
Thanks for the fun!