Saturday, February 21, 2009

Opinions needed!

I've been inspired lately by some of my friends to start working on my massive backload of projects. I am running out of room in my craft room, so I have instituted the rule that I have to complete 5 projects before I can buy fabric for a new project.
I used some pretty eyelet fabric I bought more than four years ago to make some little Easter dresses for the girls. I had to modify the pattern I used since it was sized 2-4, and neither girl is in that size. I cut Finley's a little smaller, and Sareny's a little bigger than the pattern. So my question is, which ribbon should go on which dress?
Should the ribbon match the dresses, as in the first picture, or should it be yellow ribbon on green dress and green ribbon on yellow dress, as in the second picture?
Should both dresses be trimmed in yellow? I just don't know which looks best. Which way do you like better?

14 comments:

Charlene said...

I personally like the yellow ribbon on the green dress and the green ribbon on the yellow dress. They are really cute!

Anonymous said...

I like the ribbons to match the color of the dress. Good job by the way.

Vicki said...

You make me look so bad! What cute dresses. I like the matching ribbons.

holli jo said...

So cute! I think I like yellow on both dresses...it looks like there's already a wide variety of opinions here. Is there going to be a majority?

Lexi said...

i like the yellow ribbon on the green dress. and i cant decide for the yellow dress...

Christina Overton said...

What a tought question! I think I prefer the matching ribbons.

cassidy said...

I like both options, but I think I like mixing the ribbons best. But matching looks really cute too.

scipiosal said...

Oh, my goodness Hillari, you are probably the only Grandma Q decendant that I know who got Grandma's sewing desire!!! Congrats! The dresses are both very cute,(by the way my Mom ALWAYS made Jo and I matching or contrasting dresses for Easter, 4th of July, and Christmas, she also made all of our formals when we were in high school)so keep up the tradition! I probably like the last picture best.

Brandi Jo said...

Those are so cute... great job! I like option #2 where they are mixed. You are inspiring me to pull out my sewing machine. :-)

Krystal said...

i like the first, with matching ribbons

Jolynn said...

Well Okay here is my opinion. I like the matching ribbons best. So tally it up and see which one wins!

Dot said...

I like option # 2 the best. Green ribbon on the yellow dress and yellow ribbon on the green dress. Although both are very cute!

Your girls are lucky to have a mom that sews! :)

Marcie Osborn said...

I too like option #2. Dang your talented!

Sarah & Eddie said...

Pic # 1...totally cute!