Monday, August 11, 2008

New Haircut

Sareny and I went on Saturday to get our hair cut together. This was only the third time she's had her hair cut, and she did really good. She liked when they shampooed her hair and sat very still on the chair while the lady cut it. We had a fun little girls' outing! :)
It took a bit to convince Sareny that it was okay to get her hair cut because pretty much since she was born she has been trying to grow her hair "long to her bum." The problem is that her hair grows really nicely in the back and really slowly on the sides and top, so she ends up with a tail in the back that doesn't look so great. Kind of like a really long mullet. They took off 3 or 4 inches in the back and basically nothing from the sides.

Her new haircut looks really cute though, and she loves it. Maybe in a few years her hair will be long to her bum like she dreams...

11 comments:

linds said...

i love her curls! what a cute little lady!

Lexi said...

her new cut is super cute. she has curly hair like me!

The Dominguez Family said...

Cute haircut:) I love your hair Sareny!

Jolynn said...

Sare looks so much like a biggy girl! I am afraid she is growing up and liking it!!! I absolutely LOVE her new haircut. She is the cutest little girl ever. I adore that first pic of her.

Amy said...

She's getting so big. I almost didn't recogize her when I saw the pic you posted. Love, love, love the curlies. She's lucky. I wish mine would do that, but alas all it will do it frizz. Thank goodness for straight irons.

Kandice and Rob said...

Super cute hair!!

Anonymous said...

You look cute Sareny!

Alayna said...

Super cute! I saw her at church and told her that her haircut was pretty. Just just said "I know".
She looks so grown up!

Amy O'Neill said...

I love her curls! So pretty! Madison and I love to go to the "Beauty Shop" as we call it and get our hair cut too... and getting it shampooed is the best!

Téa said...

Elena's looking over my shoulder and said "That's the girl in the Sunbeam class!"

The consensus here is that Sareny's hair looks "pretty good!"

shauntel said...

very cute!