Friday, September 12, 2008

Silly Kids


Excerpt of an actual conversation I've had with Isaac multiple times.
Isaac: Nee Mom!
Mom: Well, where did you put your nee?
Isaac: 'Tuz.
(Nee is his word for his sippy cup.)

Funny Prayers:

When Sareny was 22 months old, she loved watching Winnie the Pooh. We watched it a lot. One evening at dinner we put the movie on pause so we could say a prayer. Throughout the prayer, she chanted while pounding on the table, "Wee the Pooh! Wee the Pooh!"

Several times when we have been helping Isaac say the prayer, he starts out normal enough, parroting back what we tell him to say. Then he decides to make things easier for himself.
Us: Thank thee for mommy.
Isaac: ya (this is said with a little head nod and pronounced with a German accent so that it rhymes with blah.)
Us: Thank thee for Sissie.
Isaac: ya.
It's pretty silly.

Several months ago, Grammy Jo was helping Sareny say the dinner prayer. Grammy said, "And bless it to nourish us." Sareny said, "And bless the nurses." We all kind of snickered. Grammy prompted again, "and nourish us." Sareny, kind of exasperated now, "and the nurses."

8 comments:

Lexi said...

thats so silly. i love the cute things kids say.

Vicki said...

Those are pretty funny! I'm amazed that you remember the ones from so far in the past. I can't even remember the things my kids said yesterday.

linds said...

so funny. i would love to hear some conversation between isaac and isabella...could be interesting.

Jolynn said...

I can't wait to hear Isaac say Tuz.
And I've heard his "ya" prayers, which are very cute. And I love that Sare blessed the nurses.....they do help us out so much! They are the cutest kids, and I can't wait to see them in a couple of weeks! Kids really do say the darndest things! What is that thing hanging from Isaac? Are those new jammies and that is a humongous tag?

hillari said...

Grammy Jo--yes, those were new jammies with a tag hanging on them.

Kandice and Rob said...

Nurses need to be blessed too. What if Sareny helped Isaac pray?

"And bless the nurses..."
"Yah!"

cassidy said...

Haha...Igits is so silly. I love that he says yeah for prayers. And him saying Tuz to the answer where he put his sippy cup reminds me of Sar --- What are you doing, Sareny? ...I'm doing good. I miss those tids!

Melanie said...

such spiritual children!