Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fun at Fry's

Today we went to our local Fry's grocery store to visit Santa. The kids got to sit on his lap, which was good because Sareny needed to tell Santa that she changed her mind and instead of a baby doll she wants a bike after all. (I might add this was after much hinting and prompting from me.)
Hopefully Keith can get over the fact that Santa was sitting on a throne of Coke.

Hopefully Grammy Jo can get over the fact that poor little Finley's socks fell off.

They also got to decorate sugar cookies. Lots of frosting and a gummy worm on top--yum!

And lastly, they got to write letters to Santa. Sareny said she didn't know how to draw a bike, but I encouraged her to try and this is what she came up with.

I was very proud of her!

Isaac loves drawing as well.

Anyway, kind of strange to say I took my kids on an outing to the grocery store, but that really was the only reason we went to the store today and I think we had a pretty nice time. Especially if you ignore the little "Oh no, where's Isaac?" incident that occured in the midst of the crowd near the end of our excursion...

8 comments:

Gardner Family said...

What a great drawing of a bike. It's better than what I would have been able to draw.
My mom is always worried about the little ones not having socks on, too. I guess we still have lessons to learn from them. Without them all the babies in the world would have lost their toes to frostbite!

shauntel said...

We almost went too, but at the Halloween one our Fry's was a madhouse, so I opted out. It looks like you had fun though.

Jolynn said...

Hopefully Grammy Jo can also get over the "Oh no" incident as well. Cute pics of the kiddos! You even caught Isaac smiling twice! (Maybe that's because he knew what he was planning.....) I do think the reason Finley isn't smiling is because her toes are cold though. Hehehe. And tell Sareny Grammy love-o's her picture of the bike! Excellent!

Lexi said...

that looks like fun. did sareny remember to pull on his beard this time? that is a good bike though.

Téa said...

I'm so glad it was a great experience! That soda "throne" for Santa cracks me up.

(I wasn't thinking of it as much as an outing or we might have made our way there. I looked at it and thought, "no, ought not to do a bunch of shopping at this point." We did the Halloween one, but I was just as eager for the grocery deals as anything else)

Was Finley just doing her part to help out "The Sock Exchange" or did you find her socks later? =)

Téa said...

PS-- If you have a box of the PB Bon Bons handy, could you bring with tonight? I have a crisp-ish $20 that has your name on it.

Vicki said...

Excellent bike drawing! That is better than I could do!

Amy O'Neill said...

How fun! I thought about going, then forgot all about it :( .