Saturday, July 18, 2009

Isaac's Party


We had a small friend's party for Isaac this year, which sadly took place two weeks after his actual birthday, but hey, who's counting. I took Isaac to the local carniceria to pick out a pinata. He chose the Mickey Mouse one, so we went with that theme for his party. I was glad, and couldn't help but wonder how many more years he would think a Mickey party was cool.

This pinata was completely indestrucible. After each kid took two turns, I took the stick and whaled on it for all I was worth (If my brother Jake had been there, he would have been shouting "No wild swings, Hilli!" as he did at Christmas every year when we were kids.) But alas, even I was no match for this pinata. I finally had to just tear it open at the seams, and even that took considerable effort.

The kids also got to decorate Mickey Mouse sugar cookies. Don't they look so cute with their little Mickey ears?

Then it was time for cake and ice cream. I made the cake the night before, and although it was very simple, I thought it turned out pretty cute. I have no idea what Isaac wished for, since he doesn't vocalize his wishes like Sareny does.

I think it is safe to say that Isaac had a great birthday!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe, that is cute. Great job on the cake BTW. Looking at these pictures put a smile on John's face for the first time today.

Jolynn said...

What a fun party! The cake is adorable, good job on it. Isaac looks so cute in the pics. What the heck with the pinata? I thought the store bought ones were pretty easy to break. Guess not. I'm sure the kids still had a grand time, especially watching you trying to break it!

Vicki said...

Cute cake!! I had a similar experience with a pinata before, except it was homemade. It hadn't dried all the way, so it wasn't able to crack open.

cassidy said...

I love that first picture of Isaac! He's getting so big. The cake turned out really cute - did you think of that by yourself, I can't remember? And it's so funny that your pinata wouldn't break after your wild swings! Was it a dream come true for you to get to bash it like that? Haha. Cute post.

Lexi said...

i love isaacs smile. that is a really cute cake. all the kids look cute in their mickey ears. did anyone take a video of you taking a turn with the pinata? i totally wish i could have seen you.

Sam said...

Looks like a great party! Love the cake, how'd you do it?
Love, Sam

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Good job Hillari! You are super mom.

The West Family said...

It looks like they really did have fun. What a fun cake!