Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shirt Makeover

At the beginning of the school year I bought Sareny a school spirit shirt. Let's face it, it is huge and looks horrible. She never wore it, and who could blame her?
I finally got around to fixing it up a little. I think it looks a lot better.
Here's what I did--I cut off the sleeves but left them intact. Using a shirt she wears, I cut the shirt down to size. (Okay, I accidentally cut it a little bit smaller than her size. So I added in the decorative black contrast panels, which I think actually look pretty good.)I added some elastic into the ends of the sleeves, stretching the elastic taut as I attached it. And that's how you can take a large, shapeless T-shirt:

and turn into a cute, girlie shirt:

11 comments:

Tanya said...

It turned out very cute. I would have never thought of doing that. What a good idea.

Meghan said...

very cute. i wish i dared get my sewing machine out of the box....

cassidy said...

I totally understand her not wanting to wear the shirt before...totally baggy and not cute. You did a really good job with the refashion. I never would have guessed that the black panels were because of a goof!

Lexi said...

good job hilli! you did such a good job. it turned out really cute.

Vicki said...

very cute! You are amazing Hilliari!

bethany said...

Nice job! Looks so much better!

Mandy said...

okay I am very impressed I never even attempt such a task everything I touch says "Mandy made this" all over it! I stick with the quilts they are my favorite!! go to bountiful baskets.com and read about them you will love them!! I am sure there are some near you because they are all over AZ!!

Gardner Family said...

So super cute!

nora lee said...

Love it! Great job! I will have to do that for Bear when she starts school. Our school shirts are not very shapely either.

Fritzsche's said...

I am so impressed. It's very cute. Nice job.

Jolynn said...

Hill I am super impressed! Her shirt turned out really cute. I am so impressed mainly because I have never been good at daring something like that. I love to make things, and have sewn forever, but I like to have a pattern right in front of my face. To just start cutting on something without one is very scary to me. Good job!