Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our Annual Spooky Dinner

















Okay, all of my adoring fans, I finally got myself to the computer to make a new blog post. It has been over a month--yikes! I think a big part of the problem is that I don't like where our computer is--it is upstairs in an alcove in the hallway and I rarely get a chance to sneak away for the requisite amount of time it takes to create a post without my children running amok and destroying things downstairs in my absence. Sadly, I am not joking. But I digress.

At the beginning of October over Sareny's Fall Break from school, we had Ema over to spend the night and had a spooky dinner that night. On the menu--monster eyeballs, white rats, creepy-crawly bugs:
















monster toes:
















Witches hats, which got a little overdone. But the kids thought they were black on purpose, since witches hats are black:
















Monster smiles:
















And, of course, we had witches brew, but I didn't get a picture of that. The kids had lots of fun eating their spooky dinner. After dinner we were treated to some fine entertainment as the kids put on a play, but I think that will have to go in the next post.

5 comments:

Gardner Family said...

That all looks frightfully tasty!!!
You are such a fun mom.

Regarding your comment on my "Little Debbie Cakes" post....Be serious. You make waaaay better cakes from scratch. You don't have to cheat like some of us. You and Keith are the Cake Commandos. :)

Glad that you finally posted. Now lets see some pics of your new digs.

Jolynn said...

That looks like so much fun. But what were those eyeballs made of? They looks really strange. I'm sure the kids had lots of fun. You're a great Mom to go to all that work. Good job.

Christina Overton said...

Wow! What a fun and creative mom you are. I bet your kids had a blast!

holli jo said...

Finally, Powigamin! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I want to do that next year (if my boy would actually eat the food). But tell us your secret ingredients. What was everything made of?

Lexi said...

i love your spooky dinners. i should make one next year for my roommates. the kids look like they enjoyed it. i like that last picture of fin and isaac, they are so cute.