Monday, January 24, 2011

Up Close and Personal With Santa

Santa Claus made a detour during his busy month of December to come to our ward Christmas party. The kids all got to see him and tell him what they wanted. Fin was more interested in the candy than in the big man himself.
First Isaac showed Santa his stitches.
















Then, and I thought this was the cutest thing ever, he got right up to whisper in Santa's ear what he wanted for Christmas.
And then Sareny. Sareny, Sareny, Sareny. When Santa walked into the room and made his rounds to a few of the tables, Sareny informed our table that it wasn't the real Santa. Not a big problem, since my kids were the only ones sitting at the table. But then, in a Buddy the Elf type of moment, she began announcing loudly to the entire room, "That's not the real Santa!" We quickly shushed her, and I don't think many people noticed. I'm sure she only had the best interest of the other children at heart, and if I hadn't stopped her just in time, she would have begun imploring the children, "Don't tell that man anything!"

8 comments:

Jolynn said...

Maybe Sareny had better not watch Buddy the Elf anymore.........I can just imagine her yelling that out to save the children. Very cute pics of the kiddos. I love that Isaac got right in there and whispered in his ear! So cute!

Lexi said...

i can just see sareny announcing that to everyone. this post made me laugh. because fin liked the candy, isaac showed his stitches, and sareny saving the children. cute kids though.

cassidy said...

Your kids are so funny. I can't believe Sareny was trying to spill the beans to all the little kids that it wasn't the real Santa!! I like all of your pics, too. So cute.

holli jo said...

You disgust me. You sit on a throne of lies. I can't believe Sare!

Myrna Foster said...

The Sareny story cracked me up, and your little guy is adorable.

I did answer your question in my comments. Would you like me to blog about first drafting? That would be fun, especially since I'm doing it right now.

Gardner Family said...

"Santa" came to our ward, too. A lady in our ward referred to him as "Troy" on accident. I'm starting to think he wasn't the real Santa, either. Wierd.

Cute story. That Sareny is a crack-up!

Kandice and Rob said...

I love the picture of Isaac whispering to Santa! Very cute :)

Vicki said...

That is so funny!