Thursday, October 18, 2012

A trip to Grammy Jo's part 2

I forgot to mention in the previous post that Keith was unable to come with us on this trip, so it was just me and the kids and Lexi. After our tea party, we went to Las Vegas and visited the Natural History Museum. The first exhibit was all about bugs and parasites. Sareny showing us the human body and some of the pests we deal with.
Then Finley.
And me.
Whoever came up with this next contraption ought to be sued! It features a trap door that collapses when you step on it, and yet it encourages you to jump as hard as you can onto it. I tried it first, and fell forward and scraped/bruised my forearms pretty bad. Sareny was a little more cautious after my experience...
Bampa helping Fin and Sareny with something.
Then we moved on to the exhibit on sharks. This pool had sting rays and sharks. We saw one shark leap up out of the water onto the blue ledge. It was a little bit freaky.
At least it was just a tiny shark, and not a monster like this Great White.
Isaac and Grammy with the Great White.
We moved on to the dinosaur exhibit, and Finley was quite freaked out by these dinosaurs that moved and growled when you pushed a button.
Lexi held Keeley through most of the museum. She was cute.
Me and the kids in front of a feathered dinosaur. Weird.
We visited the kid's room, which was very hands on with lots of things to touch and climb on.
Isaac and Bampa in an aquarium. It was pretty funny, that bubble made their heads look very small for their bodies.
They had a rather lengthy video showing about a mummified dinosaur that they had found somewhere. Isaac was extremely interested in this video so while the others went ahead, I sat down with him and we watched the video. This dinosaur had been named Leonardo, and later Isaac said, "I wonder how they knew his name was Leonardo, do you mom?" We had to get a picture of Isaac with his friend Leonardo. I would say this was Isaac's favorite part of the whole museum.
Then we caught up to everybody else in the ancient people exhibit.
We had lots of fun at the museum! After leaving here, we ate at Cheesecake Factory, which we seem to do every summer when we visit Grammy and Bampa. We also saw some more sights before we left for Grammy's house...

2 comments:

Jolynn said...

That was really a fun day. You forgot to say we went to the Belagio and saw the water show twice! Well, I guess you kind of did when you said we saw some more sights. Anyway, cute pics of the kiddos!

cassidy said...

What a fun museum! There is so much I wanted to comment on, but I think I forgot some. I love Sareny's long hair. I hope she grows it out. Also, this is mean, but I laughed out loud when I pictured you jumping on that trap door and then kind of biffing it! But I agree, someone should be sued! Also, I think it's so super cute that Igits was wondering how the archaeologists knew the dinosaur's name was Leonardo. Little things like that remind me that kids think so differently than adults. Too cute.