Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I just can't get enough

Do you have Depeche Mode in your head now? It's only fair, I do.
But anyway, I have a new favorite peanut butter. In my book PB is one of those things that you just don't go store brand on. In our house, it has always been Jif or nothing. But when I spotted this jar in our local grocery store, I thought it might be worth trying out...

It is completely delish. The entire jar was gone within two days. I was eating it by the spoonfuls. (Sadly, I'm not joking about either of those two previous statements.) It's made by a small company in Greenwich Village and has no high fructose corn syrup; it's sweetened by dried cane juice. I'm not a huge fan of "natural" peanut butter, which I guess this is, but it is no stir and is sweeter than natural peanut butters I've eaten in the past. I highly reccomend this to you peanut butter lovers out there--and don't be intimidated by the raisins. For one thing, there weren't that many of them, and even though I'm not a huge fan of raisins myself, I actually thought they were good in this. I purchased my jar at Fry's, which is the same thing as Smith's or Kroger's.
Too bad I'm not getting paid for this product endorsement.

4 comments:

Lexi said...

that sounds really good. i love cinnamon and i love peanut butter... raisins are just ok though. but what about getting shredded? we have to do it.

cassidy said...

That does sound interesting. We eat PB sandwiches everyday, so maybe this would be a fun change. I doubt we can get them here, though. But I agree with Lexi...what about getting shredded?

Jolynn said...

I can't believe it's THAT good. I mean I can't really imagine those three tastes together..........I will admit I've eaten peanut butter by the spoonfuls before myself, but only after I dipped it in chocolate chips!

Jolynn said...

Oh P.S. and we do need to get shredded. And if you're sick of hearing that, you're the one who started it! Hehehehe.