I have made Sareny, Keith, and me our own rag quilts, and decided it was time for Isaac to have his own. I picked out this super cute pirate fabric a loooooong time ago, then had a hard time finding anything to match it. Finally, after over a year of searching, I found the striped fabric that I think went perfectly, so construction of the quilt could begin.
Enter problems from a very stubborn sewing machine. I had worked so hard on the quilt and was quite close to finishing, when my sewing machine just refused to sew another stitch. I was frustrated, and once again abandoned the project for a while. A couple of weeks later, I was telling some women in my ward about my sewing machine woes and one of them, whom I had just met that very evening, offered to give me her sewing machine. This was seriously such a blessing for me, because we just didn't have the money to replace it, and here was a virtual stranger willing to give hers to me for free. I am still in awe about this kindness.
So here is the finished quilt in all its glory.
front of quilt.
3 weeks ago