Monday, June 23, 2008

$50 well spent

A few months ago I bought an above ground pool at a Toys R Us that was going out of business. It is 13 feet across and 39 inches tall, and it came with a pump, ladder, and cover for $50. I thought that was a really good deal and I thought it would be perfect for our family this summer. Because it was a close-out, it was non-returnable and I had left my cell phone at home. I pictured what Keith would say about it if I asked him, and I figured he would say no. But I knew our kids would love it, and I would be hugely pregnant in the hot months, so I went ahead and got it.

We have loved having this little pool! Sareny can touch the bottom and she is able to practice what she is learning at swimming lessons and Isaac loves to float around with his water wings. Tonight we had the O'Neill family over to swim with us, and the kids all had such a great time. Sareny always wants to have friends over and with swimming lessons and driving to Scottsdale twice a week, my schedule has been pretty full. She gets to go to friends' houses biweekly when I go to the hospital for the non-stress tests, but she wants them to come to our house! The O'Neill's have only been gone for half an hour, and she is already pestering me to invite them over again! She was very impressed because Garrett was such a good hider at hide and seek, and she said she had so much fun with all of them. She calls Madison the "big girl," and far from meaning offense by it, she thinks Madison is so grown up because she gets to sit in the front seat of their car. Anyway, we had a great time!

6 comments:

Lexi said...

that looks like fun. i bet the kids love swimming in the pool. thats a cute picture of the kids. isaac is funny.

John R. said...

Igits is so silly. And Sare is getting so big...she doesn't even look like she did just back in April!

Phil and Stacie said...

When you find such a great deal, you just can't pass it up! Sounds like it turned out good, too. I don't think a pool is ever a bad idea here in the summer =)

Amy O'Neill said...

Thanks again for having us over! We had a lot of fun! ;) Hopefully you have recovered from having my crazy kids over!

Brandi Jo said...

How fun! What a good investment... when you find a deal like that, you need to call me! :-) It is so nice to cool off durning the summer months... it gets so stinkin' hot!

linds said...

reminds me of your parents pool when we were little, except smaller, i loved swimming at aunt jo's!