Friday, July 4, 2008

Finley Lynn is here!

Our precious little Finley Lynn made her grand entrance into the world at 10:55 am on Wednesday morning. After being sent home from the hospital on Tuesday, I was pretty bummed out. Keith and my dad had plans to go golfing early Wednesday morning, but while Keith was in the shower I felt a real contraction and thought, "Oh yeah, this is what labor feels like!" I was going to tell him maybe he shouldn't go golfing, but I fell back asleep between contractions and they left before I could mention it. After another painful contraction, I decided to go wake up my mom, but before I could get out of bed my water broke! So I called the golfers to come home just as they were about to tee off at around 5:30 am. My mom and I took the time to shower while they came home since we had been swimming the night before.

Thankfully, I was able to get my epidural before the contractions got too unbearable, and I think the worst part of the whole ordeal was getting the IV put in--it took the nurse 3 tries before they finally got it--and those first two tries hurt SO BAD! I got the epidural around 9:00 am, and things progressed pretty fast from there. My doctor had to leave to take his wife to the airport at 11:00 am, so we made it just in time with 5 minutes to spare. I was so glad to have my mom there with me; she was a huge help; and it was also so nice to have my dad at home with Sare and Igits. This was the first birth Grammy Jo was able to be at (other than her own five) and she even got to cut the umbilical cord.

Finley came out looking pretty bruised and beat up around her mouth and nose, but the nurses still all said how beautiful she was. I decided that must be part of their training to make new parents feel good, because I thought it took her a little while before she started looking cute! I think she looks quite a bit like our other two kids, but she has her own look as well.

She weighed 7 pounds 13.4 ounces and was 20 inches long, so she was the biggest of our three babies. She came out with a little round face and a double chin. She has some light brown hair--more than Sareny had but not as much as Isaac. For the first day of her life, Keith and I debated over a bunch of different names before finally settling on Finley Lynn. It was a tough decision!

Sareny and Isaac love their new baby sister and couldn't wait to come and see her. Sareny is continually asking, "Can I hold the little baby?" and she is very good and gentle with Finley. Isaac just loves to give her kisses, but then like a typical boy, he is done and off doing something else. He is acting a little bit crazy right now running around and jumping all over on stuff. I think he just is trying to assert himself a little, but we get a little scared when he dives right at the baby!

So we are home now with our sweet baby girl; hopefully life will return to a semi-normal state in time! I'm not sure how I'm going to handle going to the grocery store or other errands, but I'm not the kind of person who can sit at home all day, so I'll have to figure it out somehow!

16 comments:

Lexi said...

she is such a cutie! congratulations. i can't wait to hold her in a couple weeks.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, I am running out the door so I will read it later but I am so happy for you guys and I see a family resemblance. Especially her cute mouth.

Sarah & Eddie said...

I am so excited for you! Congrats...and yes, she does look like Sareny and Isaac, especially her mouth. She is beautiful!

Vicki said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is a cutie! She does look a little like your other kids. I really like her name. Well, good look with 3 kids! I'm still trying to figure out how to do four (I made it through a grocery trip with all of them). Anyway, I'll try to give you a call soon.

Sam said...

Congratulations! I'm glad you found my blog and shared with me your blog. We'll have to stay in touch. Your family is adorable - cute kids!! Love, Sam

Alayna said...

She is beautiful!! She looks a lot like your other two.
CONGRATS! I'm so glad that everything went well for you guys!

holli jo said...

Finley is so cute! But we need to see her eyes...

Can't wait to meet her in person next week.

The Dominguez Family said...

Congratulations to you and Keith!
Glad to here everything went okay. Talk to you soon...

Charlene said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful family :)

Fritzsche's said...

No I wasn't aware that you did have a blog and feel bad that I've missed out on so much already. Anyway congrats on the new baby girl. She is super cute. I hope that I will get to see her in person sooner than later. I'm glad everything went ok and that Grammy Jo was able to be there. She was pretty excited about it at the reunion. Give Finley kisses.

Brandi Jo said...

She is so cute... and I think she totally looks like one of your kids! :-) I love the pictures... they are all really great! Congrats... I bet you are soooo glad to have this out of the way.

shauntel said...

congratulations! (sorry it's a bit late - we just got the internet). she looks perfect. i love the picture of just her on the blanket. so sweet.

The West Family said...

How exciting. My kids loved seeing her and your kids together. She is beautiful. You look wonderful.- The West's

linds said...

congrats!!! what a sweet little lady. i love the name finley. your kids are so cute and lovable!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Congratulations!! I can't believe I didn't think to look on your blog before now. She is PRECIOUS! Hope everything is going well for you. I'm sure 3 kids is a lot of work, but I bet you are very relieved that she is HERE!

Amy O'Neill said...

Sareny looks like such a proud big sister!! Cute!

Yes, 3 kids was definitly a little more tricky for me when it came to running errands... but hey, I have heard that if you can handle 3, you can handle 4 or 5!! He, he!!