Friday, July 25, 2008

my boy and food

Those of you who know Isaac know that he really really likes food. Especially in the morning. He has been known to eat 3 or 4 breakfasts and will sometimes just continue to eat until you tell him no. He's like a hobbit. He's also an early riser and asks for food as soon as he opens his eyes. If you don't respond quickly enough, he will grab your face, turn it toward him and say "Hood!" This is pronounced so that it rhymes with food. Occasionally he will wake up in the middle of the night and ask for food.

The other day, I asked Isaac why he wakes up so early. His answer? "Hood!" I should have known.

Yesterday I was feeding Finley a little before lunchtime, and Isaac came up to me and said "hood." I told him he needed to wait until Finley was done eating, and then I would make him some food. He said "otay," then he pulled on Finley trying to yank her off of me and said "All done!" When that boy wants food, he means business! He's so silly.

11 comments:

Fritzsche's said...

That's too funny. He knows what he wants and how to get it.

Vicki said...

I know how he feels, I love "hood" too!

Lexi said...

isaac is so funny. he just loves food.

Amy said...

Such a boy! I hear it only gets worse as they get older. Keith might have to take a 2nd job just to keep "hood" in Isaac's tummy. LOL!

Anonymous said...

That's funny. Go Isaac!

Kandice and Rob said...

I could use some hood right now myself! Isaac knows what he's talking about. :)

Brandi Jo said...

That is funny! Gavin is the same way! He LOVES to eat.. . all the time.

Jolynn said...

That boy is serious about his hood. I know because I have watched him eat. He concentrates. However, he isn't that crazy about the other meals of the day, just his 4 breakfasts...........strange.

linds said...

he must store it in his cheeks, i love those chubby cheeks!

holli jo said...

I'm starting to be like Isaac. I eat at least two breakfasts, and sometimes one at midnight...

Amy O'Neill said...

I love "hood" too! That is so cute!