Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sareny's turn to shine

Sareny loves drawing, and I think she is pretty good at it. When she showed me a picture she drew of her Build-a-Bear, I just had to take pictures.
















I was surprised at how accurate it looked, other than the curly dark hair, which she obviously added.













Sareny has always been Miss Independent. If there is even the slightest hope that she can do something herself, she is going to try. A couple of weeks ago, I was surprised to see a little braid in her hair. I couldn't believe she would attempt something like this--I still can't braid my own hair!
















I don't think it looks half bad for a first try, ecpecially when you're only 6. Anyway, she continues to amaze me and dazzle me daily with the things she comes up with.

Here's a few of the silly things she has said lately.
"I can't marry Isaac, because he's my brother. I'll marry Rhys." (he's her first cousin.) "That's okay, right mom?"

I have a picture of me as a baby that I have always loved. I was only a couple months old, and my mom had curled the top of my hair over her finger in a kind of swoop. (You know the hairstyle I'm talking about.) Sareny looked at the photo and asked, "how come you have a snarl on top of your head??"

We've recently been looking at houses, and about a month ago, as we drove through a neighborhood, Sareny said, "Ooooh, a cul-de-sac!" And she was right too. Apparently these little sponges are listening to everything we say.

6 comments:

Myrna Foster said...

How funny! We used to live in a cul-de-sac. And that messy braid is totally stylin'. I read an article a couple of weeks ago that said so. ;o)

We love the Septimus Heap books, Hil. We Ben, Robyn and I) have read them through SYREN, and they're all great.

Jolynn said...

I can't believe Sareny did that little braid! My word. And I know you still can't braid your own because you always make me do it. She has always been kind of independent, but not when you really want her to be! Remember when she used to stand at the top of the stairs and whine for you to help her down, or carry her?? But she hasn't done that for awhile has she? And that snarl on top of your head was super cute, but the way!

Lexi said...

i love sareny's braid. i am so proud of her! that drawing looks just like selena gomez (thats what she named her bear right). im glad sareny knows she cant marry her brother... but rhys better watch out.

holli jo said...

Super cute drawing! And Sareny is getting so big. We need her to stop growing until we can see her again.

Vicki said...

Wow, she did a good job on the picture and braid! She's hilarious!

cassidy said...

I can't believe that braid! It's pretty good. Sareny is so funny. "I'll marry Rhys." I mean, he's a little young for her. And how cute that she is getting knowledgeable about house hunting!