Thursday, June 14, 2012

Special Moments

This morning in the early just before dawn hours, I had fed Keeley and put her back in her bed, although she wasn't asleep yet and I knew it. It is Saturday as I write this. My thought was that I would wake Keith to take a turn with her if she got fussy and didn't go right to sleep. After a few minutes of quiet, she started crying and instead of following my plan, I got up with her and rocked her in the chair and fed her for just a minute more. When she was done, I looked down and smiled at her. She looked back at me and smiled the sweetest little smile that melted my heart. I held her close for a minute more, then laid her back in her bed where she went to sleep on her own. I was so glad that I hadn't passed such a precious moment off onto someone else, although Keith might be sorry to have missed it.

3 comments:

Gardner Family said...

That is so sweet. I had a similar experience with Vi when she was a few weeks old. I had just finished feeding her. As I sat looking at her face I could feel her spirit in that moment. It was so precious and I felt incredibly honored to be her mom.

Gardner Family said...

That is so sweet. I had a similar experience with Vi when she was a few weeks old. I had just finished feeding her. As I sat looking at her face I could feel her spirit in that moment. It was so precious and I felt incredibly honored to be her mom.

Jolynn said...

Those are the moments that make it all worth it! Nice that you documented it so you can look back on it and remember how you felt. I'm so glad you took the time to spend a few more minutes with her and get to have such a wonderful experience with your sweet little Keeley.