Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hawaii, day five

















On Saturday, we went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. This was one of Keith's top picks for favorite things we did in Hawaii. I thought it was really cool, but found it a little bit scary and claustrophobic. We saw lots of fish and even a sea turtle. I'm so glad we got to do this! We brought along a picnic lunch and took turns with Cass and James snorkeling and watching Truman. We also saw this creature thing--which is possibly a mongoose.









Me and Cass on the beach.
Since we were both expecting, (not that she looks it...) I convinced her to do a cheesy heart tummy picture with me. She really didn't want to, but I told her in 20 years looking back, she'll think it's precious and cool. So she better...
We were snorkeling around the edges in that big open area.
Me and Keith on the way out of Hanauma Bay.
Then we drove to see this blowhole.
This beach was apparently used in a famous makeout scene from the movie From Here to Eternity.
A beach off to the left of the blowhole. It was getting some huge waves.

That evening, we played The Great Dalmuti with Cass and James. We utilized Keith's nifty Samoa hat from the PCC as the Dalmuti hat, and it worked really well. We had lots of fun with the Dalmuti hat--it made us laugh.

2 comments:

Lexi said...

seriously though, these hawaii posts are making me want to go back! i loved snorkeling at hanauma. but i think its weird that you, mom, and i think cass get all claustrophobic. and i love the heart pic haha!

cassidy said...

I had forgotten about that heart picture! But looking back, I'm so glad we took it. It's so precious. Ha ha. Just kidding.

Hanauma was fun. I hadn't been snorkeling in a while, so it was nice to go again.