Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crafts at the park

My friend Bridgette hosted a super cute craft day at the park for all of the kids the Friday before Christmas. It was so very fun and cute! Sareny cut out a huge paper snowflake thing that we hung up in our dining room. I wish I had taken an after picture, because it looked really cool and she did such a good job on it.
There were Christmas pictures to color.
And the main event was making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. We all brought some candy to share, and the kids got creative.
I helped the kids cut some eaves and assemble them, but without royal icing, the pieces ultimately just kind of slid. They still turned out pretty cute though, and the kids had a fun time making them. The kids also made a rootbeer reindeer out of IBC for their parents, which I didn't get a picture of.

1 comment:

Jolynn said...

What fun! How come nobody ever thought of doing such a fun thing when my kids were little??